Using OWON PC virtual oscilloscope to test Hall camshaft position sensor
With the development of society, the popularity of automobiles is getting higher and higher, and the automobile maintenance and other after-sales service industries stand out from the crowd. In the maintenance of automobiles, an oscilloscope is one of the sharp tools for maintenance engineers. Here, let's take a short introduction about how to use an OWON oscilloscope to test automotive electronic sensors.
The measurement of Hall camshaft position sensor
Connect BNC interface to the BNC end of OWON VDS2064 digital oscilloscope, and connect the special tip probe to the test end. The red part is inserted on the Hall camshaft sensor, as shown in the figure below.
The black clip is grounded and attached to the metal belt of the vehicle, as shown in the figure below.
For Hall sensor, the most important thing is to check the frequency, when using a digital oscilloscope measures the camshaft waveform of the sensor at different speeds.
The crankshaft and camshaft sensors have a certain phase relationship. There are “marking teeth” in the waveform of the crankshaft and camshaft, and the number of teeth difference between them is a fixed value. The engine will be unable to reach the car if the number of teeth difference is one more or one less tooth.
The waveform which tested by OWON VDS Series PC oscilloscope:
Automobile maintenance engineers are very fond of PC virtual oscilloscope in their working process. Its ultra-small body makes it easier to carry and use. However, most of the PC virtual oscilloscopes on the market have been more or less deleted compared with the desktop oscilloscopes, which makes it difficult for engineers to carry out normal measurement work. When portability and performance conflict, how to choose? You can take a look at OWON Lilliput's VDS PC oscilloscope.
- Up to 100MHz bandwidth, and max 1GS/s real-time sample rate
- 10M record length
- Friendly UI: FFT, or X-Y, and waveform 2 views displayed
on the same screen
- Multi-trigger option: edge, video, slope, pulse, and alternate
- USB isolation - less signal inference, more PC protection
- USB bus powering, and LAN remote control (optional)
- Ultra-thin body design, easy portability
- OWON invites you to visit Higher Education Expo China (2020)
- Application of OWON Oscilloscope in Automotive Sensors (3)
- Application of OWON Oscilloscope in Automotive Sensors (2)
- OWON invites you to visit China International Optoelectronic Exposition 2020
- Application Of OWON Oscilloscope In Automotive Sensors (1)
- Embedded World 2020 Invitation Letter
- Chinese New Year Holidays Notice
- The 14th International Conference & Exhibition on Microwave and Antenna
- China International Hardware Show 2019
- Hong Kong Electronics Fair (Autumn Edition)